1. Entertainment

And so now let's talk about 2012's best rap albums.

Comments

December 29, 2012 at 7:13 am
(1) Breeze says:

After this year, we can say that Nas replaced Rakim on the #1 place.

December 29, 2012 at 12:04 pm
(2) arel says:

HnC should be higher up the list… I think its the best TDE album myself but I don’t expect many will agree

December 29, 2012 at 12:10 pm
(3) Pistol says:

Would definitely replace something with First of a Living Breed

December 30, 2012 at 1:03 am
(4) Caveman says:

Really great list. This was definitely Black Hippy’s year. Soulo’s my favorite out of the four of them. He’s very abstract with his lyrical content, so you really have to read between the lines to understand what he’s saying.

Speaking of complex lyricism, I’m a little surprised F&L II isn’t up there… does it at least get an honorable mention?

December 30, 2012 at 3:27 pm
(5) EJ says:

Great list Henry. I still haven’t listened to Freddie Gibbs album, so I’ll have to check that out. And after the emergence of all these new great artists these past few years, I think it’s time you made a Greatest MCs of All Time list (Redux)

December 30, 2012 at 3:48 pm
(6) Henry says:

EJ – Thanks. And I’m working on that list.

December 31, 2012 at 5:21 am
(7) MCT says:

Chino XL’s album RICANstruction should be on the list

December 31, 2012 at 7:50 am
(8) Moniker says:

I agree with breeze, after this year Nas is deifinetly #1 MC of all times.

December 31, 2012 at 5:00 pm
(9) Kris says:

Ah, I like Nas, but I thought Life is Good was overrated. And he’s always the traditionalists choice for GOAT, but a traditionalist I am not. I’ll take 3K or Ghostface over Nas anyday…

January 3, 2013 at 6:41 am
(10) Dicey says:

Cannot believe the game has not made top 10.the best album I have heard for a long time. None of these compare especially kendrick Lamar.

January 5, 2013 at 2:43 pm
(11) The Other Henry says:
January 7, 2013 at 12:39 pm
(12) smike55 says:

Ghostface is not even in the same ballpark as Nas…How sad. 3k is definitely in the conversation for most talented rapper or lyricist of all time; but his discography does not compare to Nas’s. No ones does. That is there argument. And Life is Good adds even more separation. Life is Good is a second or third tier classic and will garner more praise for Nas being nearly 40 years old staying lyrically relevant. Everyone has their favorite rapper…but all must recognize his legacy.