1. Entertainment
Henry Adaso

Man Kills Wife and Kids, Blames Eminem's Lyrics

By June 23, 2009

*Facepalm* Oh boy, here we go again with another "hip-hop made me do it" story. An Arizona man who stabbed his wife and kids to death told police that he sang Eminem's lyrics as he committed the atrocious murders. This one sound like a scene straight out of a horror flick.

According to court documents, Miller stabbed his wife, Adriana, 28, his 10-year-old daughter, Valeria and 4-year-old son, Brian at their home. Miller told police that when his children woke up to their mother’s screams, he stabbed them, too. Adriana and Valeria died, but the 4-year-old survived despite being stabbed 11 times. Miller said he punched Brian in the face and stabbed him the most “because he loved him the most.”

The man told authorities that he sang Eminem's lyrics, "Here comes Satan. I'm the anti-Christ. I'm going to kill you," as he stabbed his family. Those are supposedly the lyrics from an Eminem song that Michael Miller says he screamed to his wife before stabbing her and his daughter to death, but I've never heard those lyrics. A quick search for them turns up nothing even remotely close to an Eminem song.

Photo © Getty

Comments

June 23, 2009 at 1:02 pm
(1) The Chosen One says:

I believe he sad something about the anti-Christ on the Underground track.

June 23, 2009 at 2:04 pm
(2) WatupJosh says:

Eminem is going to pay for this!

September 1, 2011 at 11:42 am
(3) HartmanBrownKayla says:

You’re stupid. Eminem is not paying for anything. He never raps about killing his children. His children are everything to him. So shut up, you don’t know anything. I hate your ass.

September 8, 2011 at 8:11 pm
(4) Sami , says:

eminem is illumanati , he is satan. thats the voices the man heard. eminem is illumanati & everything he sings is setting a sign. listen to it backwards. go to youtube, trust me.

June 23, 2009 at 3:24 pm
(5) Trevor says:

He mentions all three, in seperate songs. Bout being satan dancing in red panties(stay wide awake), anti christ is back(underground), Kill you(3am/jus about every song)

But this is the dumbest sh!t i’ve ever heard. Murderiers show up everyday, odds are one of them is gonna be a fan of Eminem, considering he just sold more records than anyone this year. If your crazy enough to do something this messed, you had a problem with yourself to begin with.

June 23, 2009 at 10:30 pm
(6) Bryan says:

Ask Ozzy Osbourne and Judas Priest how this all turns out. NO EXCUSES for someone to go “Benoit” on his/her family.

June 23, 2009 at 10:55 pm
(7) RealTalk says:

And does that guy expect to get a free pass just cuz he lisend 2 a song dat he believes made him do it? wat da fnck is wrong with people dey have 2 stop blameing music for what they do if I go rob a person I’m not goin 2 say music made me do it …like em said “they say music can alter moves and talk to you well can it load up a weapon and cock it 2″ music does not make u do n e tang u choose what u do.. its stupid for people to blame what they do on music , music is made to entertain and not 2 be taken seriously most of the time.music can’t make u do anything music does not force u to do anything so to take music as a way out dats just stupid

June 23, 2009 at 11:55 pm
(8) 3 Ball Jimmy says:

I understand where this guy is coming from i want to molest goats and various other types of farmyard animals after i hear anything by black eyed peas

June 24, 2009 at 3:27 am
(9) H3ro says:

LOL.

What kind of Drugs was THIS guy on???

What’s even funnier is how he expects Em to take the blame for this when Em obviously doesn’t take to heart what he says…Otherwise “Kim” would be floating in some lake right now.

Guess we’ll be hearing a Stan pt. 2 on the second part of the relapse.

June 24, 2009 at 9:50 am
(10) james says:

this is so ridiculous. This is like that dude who killed someone and said he was influenced by 2pacalypse now. oh, and em said there would be no stan pt. 2.

June 24, 2009 at 9:58 pm
(11) Kirsten says:

You people who are taking the murderers side should be shot, Eminem didn’t make him do it, it was his own messed up choice and he couldn’t bring himself to confess to his crimes. thats right a 14 year old just schooled you!

June 25, 2009 at 12:41 am
(12) MeloveEminem says:

Reports now claim he wasn’t saying any lines of Eminem’s at all. This guy clearly has issues, one’s that Eminem’s music didn’t bring about. I hope all of you understand this now. Music does not create monsters. Monsters are.

June 25, 2009 at 1:47 am
(13) SR05 says:

Man this is crazy. I rilly hope Brian fully recovers. RIP 2 his fam. Blaming actions on music is just as foolish as blamin actions on video games or any otha shyt as rediculous. World is crazy maan

June 25, 2009 at 2:01 am
(14) Eminem says:

after i watched willy wonka i decided to invite young children to my house/basement by bribing them with choclate, it was awesome

June 25, 2009 at 2:51 pm
(15) Plano says:

It is ridiculous for this man to say that lyrics of a Hip-Hop song caused him to kill his family. It looks to me like he is just looking for a reason to justify his actions which I am sorry but as far as I am concerned, there is no justification for it. People say that hip-hop has corrupted them or their kids or whatever, but has it really? How many people actually take the lyrics in the songs literally when they listen to them? It’s probably not as many as you think. I know that many times when I am singing the songs, I am not even paying attention to their actual meaning.

June 26, 2009 at 2:34 pm
(16) Patrick says:

I think this will actually motivate Eminem. After all the accusations following the SSLP he made some classic songs on MMLP in a sattirical manner bashing parenting, etc.

This guy was an idiot. But I hope public scrutiny motivates Em.

June 26, 2009 at 7:57 pm
(17) Darren says:

i don’t think when em said

“the next time you assualt a dude, tell the judge it was my fault and i’ll get suied.

ment go out and murder your family!!!!

if you seen her as devil or something you should’ve closed your eyes and thought about this

“I really think you and your girlfriend need each other or maybe you just need to treat her better I hope you get to read this letter, I just hope it reaches you in time before you hurt yourself, I think that you’ll be doin just fineif you relax a little”

my point is this, don’t quote em lines to em fans. and expect us to by your bs… aint’ gonna work

June 27, 2009 at 11:15 am
(18) Jtech says:

this whole story is bs. like many others said, theres no excuse for someone to kill his whole family and blame it on eminem. regardless of what songs had influence..who cares..im an eminem fan, i get influenced by his songs here and there. i dont plan on killing my entire family. see where im going? the dude had issues. however the person above me quoting stan..thats a kick ass song lol

June 30, 2009 at 11:39 pm
(19) Dave says:

I actually followed the link to the story and it does not say anything about Eminem. Can you please tell us all where you came up with this Eminem reference.

July 1, 2009 at 10:58 pm
(20) Joe says:
July 31, 2009 at 8:49 pm
(21) sarah says:

u shouldnt dis him like tht bcuz hes been through alot an im not taken pitty upon him. hes been hurt many timez but jus bcuz some1 kills his family singin a song tht wasnt even eminems. an u say eminems goin 2 pay thts not fair bcuz everyone has to man up an take responsibility 4 there own actions. an not blame it on some1 who wasnt even there cause tht is not fair.

August 14, 2009 at 7:10 pm
(22) anna's sad now says:

ths is so sad there r so many kills its so terrible..

i’m scared to get married now..
but since ima christian and i kno tht god makes things happen for a reason then im not scared and if i die the way those pple did then thts cuz god made it happen fora reason..

an wat happened to those kids was horrifyin its like watchin or listenin to a scary movie btu in reallity they de..

i pray tht tht never appens again…

September 11, 2009 at 12:36 pm
(23) Unknown says:

Its crazy how pwoplw comeupwith crap like this now a days! if you are going to blame songs on music it would be just like me blaming my pencil on miss spelled words! your pencil dont miss spell you do! a gun dont kill, you do! music dont kill,you do! it is songs yes some inspire people! but not to kill! its his fault on what happened not the music! get your life straight and think before speaking!

October 26, 2009 at 11:16 pm
(24) dude says:

Mentally ill from Amityville
Accidentally kill your family still
Thinkin he wont? Gd damnit he will
Mentally ill from Amityville

straight bad meets evil

December 4, 2009 at 3:45 pm
(25) getthingsright says:

For the people who keep saying eminem never said those lyrics in any of his songs, look up the video of this report on youtube.

Whoever wrote this column didn’t get his facts straight.

The reporter for Phoenix Fox 8 News said hat he was singing lyrics to an eminem song AND said “Here comes Satan. I’m the anti-Christ. I’m going to kill you.”

Notice the AND there people, separating it from the lyrics part of the statement.

With that said, how does that make any of you feel about a connection with eminem’s lyrics and a terrifying incident like this?

What is the point in releasing his song 3am? Because he’s expressing himself? Really?
People tell me the beat is sick, and the flow is nasty, and that i just don’t know rap culture. Bull.

What makes people want to listen to this? why? You want to hear about this stuff in songs but not about it in the news???

December 6, 2009 at 12:01 pm
(26) Psyke Sconi says:

Eminem will surely Pay for this. M & M Stands for Master Mason and He is in the ILLUMINATI.His Music is Very Demonic.He has told us Time & Time again he sold his Soul for Fortune & Fame. And if you Look at him closer you will see dude worships Hitler as well as Satan. Rest peace to the Man`s Family and God Bless his Soul. At Lease He least he knows what made him do it.

August 3, 2011 at 7:36 pm
(27) Stan says:

First of all M&M stands for Marshall Mathers funny enough.
Secondly if you listen to the intro to the Slim Shady EP you would understand that he does not sell his soul to the devil for fortune and fame but to his made up alter ego slim shady.
Thirdly, the fact you said he worships Hitler is absolutely ridiculous and you should be ashamed! He grew up in black part of 8 mile with black friends and even when he had to be saved by a passing trucker from black men beating him up as a child, he still did not become racist which wouldve been the reaction of most people. You’re an idiot who clearly has no life. I listen to Eminem consistently everyday and he’s actually helped me out of some really dark places. I listened to his most controversial lyrics and songs but I don’t want to murder or rape anyone nor do I want to take drugs or ‘drink a fifth of vidka’ and drive. I listen to his music because it helps me vent my anger in a more positive place, that’s why I’ve managed to stay polite in replying to you even though you are clearly deeply warped bizarre individual who makes ridiculous statements based on the smallest pieces of coincidence with absolutely no fact behind any of them.

December 18, 2009 at 11:37 pm
(28) taylor says:

I know this family michael was not on drugs he was a nice polite man. he is mentally ill and he got life in prison because AZ doesnt have death penalty, so if they wanted him dead they would send him out of state but he has a mental condition. little brian is out of the hospital cause he was just hanging out with me a couple weeks ago. so thanks to all the people that was concerned but we need nice comments not blaming michael. EVERYONE MAKES MISTAKES!!! R.I.P. ADRIANA AND VALORIE

January 3, 2010 at 5:20 pm
(29) clyzm says:

Psyke Sconi, what the hell makes you think he worships Hitler? Hitler is a god damned white supremacist, and Eminem is VERY close friends with Dr. Dre, a BLACK artist. Now tell me, why the hell would he be worshiping Hitler?

January 7, 2010 at 11:02 pm
(30) christ prisoner says:

I curse bind and rebuke all the powers of darkness and satan in the music. Industry in jesus name. I call all the angles in heaven to fight against satan and what he is doing inside of the music industy to affect the young minds of this generation. To destroy through demonic possession inside of music. I call upon the gates of heaven. Soldiers of christ arise, armies of heaven arise. Children of God arise and fight against this demonic plot to destroy our youth. Arise awake people of God. I call upon the chosen of God the anointed of God the angles of heaven to awake arise and fight with me your brothers and your sisters of heaven stand and fight with me against the gates of hell. Stand and fight with me and we shall sen every demonic spirit of hell running for their lives every demon inside every lyric and every song in eveery song writer in every artist I curse those demons in jesus name stand and fight with me through fasting praying and living in the word of God and the testimony of Jesus Christ shall spring up and florish with all the powers of heaven and almighty God. Awake angles awake children of God awake brothers and sisters of Jesus christ. I plead the blood the blood the blood of Jesus against the gates of hell inside the music industry

February 9, 2010 at 1:16 pm
(31) hannah says:

you guys are really weird on here thinking of molesting goats and bribing them from movies or music. Thats sick things like that dont make you do anything.

February 16, 2010 at 12:50 am
(32) lexus says:

EMINEM IS A FAN OF THE FAST FOOD CHAIN TACO BELL AND WENDYS

February 16, 2010 at 12:56 am
(33) JR says:

PAUL LEFT THE PANCAKE HOUSE A LOOOOOONG TIME AGO

April 22, 2010 at 7:39 am
(34) Matt says:

It’s not Eminem’s fault that this freaking idiot went and killed his family! I listen to Eminem all the time and I don’t suddenly decide to go and kill everyone that I hold dearest!

May 13, 2010 at 12:22 pm
(35) Boghy says:

easy to blame someone besides yourself … you are silly to believe that man has killed the most important people in his life just because he listened to Eminem

June 27, 2010 at 7:08 pm
(36) Katieee(: says:

yo, RealTalk
it’s load a gun and cock it too, not load a weapon.
and this guy was obviously a crackhead. does he actually think eminem means what he raps about???? people are so f’ed up these days…music doesn’t make you do anything. i listen to eminem all the time. i’m a straight a student a play a bunch of sports; i’m perfectly fine.

July 9, 2010 at 7:25 am
(37) reese says:

how stupid is it? blaming it all on eminem….he just sang the song! u r juz too stupid to blame it on him! i mean look at eminem! his ALL MESSED UP, but, he did not even killed his own wife and child…..instead, he loved them……

August 5, 2010 at 5:25 pm
(38) Eddy says:

Is this guy that stupid, what guy wants to kill there family and blame it on eminem. Eminem tells a story in everyone of his songs I know I’m a HUGE eminem fan and I never think about kill my family. I listen to them when I’m depressed,pissed off, or need to be alone

August 22, 2010 at 3:57 am
(39) eminembabe says:

Who ever thinks its rly eminems fault is retarded kus me nd my friends listin to eminem every day.. last time i check our familys r still alive and was this guy on drugs ? how dose he xpect eminem to take the blame obviously its not his fault .! idk y the hell the guy wudd do tht but seriously .? this is pathetic .! lik rly ppl.. this guy is madd stupid.! waht the hell wud mak himm wanna do tht!!! i luv eminem.! i hav almost evry album on my phone and my family is still alive.! i think this is bull crap .! i hate liers .! its not eminems fault .! dnt blame it on eminem kus the guy isa idiot .! wen its ur fault jst tak the blame kus someonees gonna find out tht its not true anyway.!

August 22, 2010 at 4:09 am
(40) eminembabe says:

Wow who ever thinks this is true is retarted.! idk waht made this guy kill his family…who knos he was prolly on drugs.! but i dout tht eminem had nythin to do widd it the guy prolly jst didnt wanna go to jailll .! he shudve thot of tht b4 lik rly .! eminem has nuttn to do widd it leave himm out the only person he can blame is hisself.! me nd my friend listin to emineem almost every day and last time i checkd our familys r alive.! i hav almost every eminem song ever made on my phone nd ik my family is still alive.! i think this is bull crap .! wen u do somethin u gotta tak the blame kus eventualy some one will fi nd out the truth.! i i luuuuuv eminem herd all his songs nd never thot bout kill my mom dad sister or brother.! dnt blame eminem kus this guy is an idiot and i wudnt b suprised if he was a crak head idk bout u ppl but this guy is an idoit .! emminem had nuttn to do widd it .!!!! leave himm outta it .!it was the retarded guys messed up nd totally twisted mistak.! nd y the hell wudd eminem tak

August 22, 2010 at 4:11 am
(41) eminembabe says:

Wow who ever thinks this is true is retarted.! idk waht made this guy kill his family…who knos he was prolly on drugs.! but i dout tht eminem had nythin to do widd it the guy prolly jst didnt wanna go to jailll .! he shudve thot of tht b4 lik rly .! eminem has nuttn to do widd it leave himm out the only person he can blame is hisself.! me nd my friend listin to emineem almost every day and last time i checkd our familys r alive.! i hav almost every eminem song ever made on my phone nd ik my family is still alive.! i think this is bull crap .! wen u do somethin u gotta tak the blame kus eventualy some one will fi nd out the truth.! i i luv eminem herd all his songs nd never thot bout kill my mom dad sister or brother.! dnt blame eminem kus this guy is an idiot and i wudnt b suprised if he was a crak head idk bout u ppl but this guy is an idoit .! eminem had nuttn to do widd it .! leave himm outta it .!it was the retarded guys messed up nd totally twisted mistak.! nd y the hell wudd eminem tak The blame .?!

August 22, 2010 at 4:37 am
(42) ilyeminem says:

I agree widd a lotta ppl on here its not eminems fault this guy was jst a fn dumm@$$ lik rly who does the guy think is rly gonna bliv diss sh!t ohh nd the last to comments r myne i maaade the second one kus at first it sed it faaild or somethin but at the end of it i didnt hav room to put the rest it sed y the hell wudd eminem tak the fn blame he was prolly jst another one of the dum@$$ crakheads Ndd if tnis is true y isnt kim hailie alanna and his other daught dead yet .? ohhh yah thts rite its kus hes not a retard and killd his family instead he luved them and imm pretty sure he still dose nd theres nothn wrong with 3am and all those other songs kus i happen to likk themm and my family is at home sleepn .! nd even if i killd them i wudnt blame it on anyone it was his fault

October 1, 2010 at 2:24 pm
(43) Anthoney says:

That guy iz a dum fuk i luv my daughter 4 the life of me and i listen 2 Eminem everyday

November 3, 2010 at 9:21 pm
(44) slayer411 says:

dont make fun of eminem hes awesome im 14 and i listen to him more than my mom and girl freind

November 10, 2010 at 9:30 pm
(45) kaleigh says:

lyrics didn’t make that stupid **** do that. lyrics are inspiring,yes. lyrics speak to you, yes. but they dont make you kill people. this guys looking for excuses. you have to be *****ed up in the first place to do that…

*eminem sings about experiences in his life. some of those experiences happen to be dark. maybe at one point he joined the illuminti or whatever because he thought that was is only option then. hes out of that now.*

thanks :)

November 21, 2010 at 11:36 pm
(46) Jazmin says:

well it waz nt em’s fault fans jst obss ova him

March 1, 2011 at 2:46 am
(47) Entragian says:

You are a f’n reject. Learn some GRAMMAR and come back.

February 14, 2011 at 1:29 pm
(48) kdog says:

that is so stupid. the song didnt make him do it! he needs to go to jail and leave eminems songs out of this. songs dont make you kill your family. this guy was very obsessive over eminem! i feel bad for his son though, cuz now he has to live with the fact that his dad tried to murder him and did murder his mom and sister.

March 1, 2011 at 2:44 am
(49) Entragian says:

What I find even more retarded is the replies like, If U blame Em U R stupid.

Come on use good grammar or forget posting on the board.

March 3, 2011 at 4:22 pm
(50) EMC says:

I say we nuder him with a broken glass bottle and send him to prison football. He’ll be the “Tight End” After being molested and touched up in jail we put him in a random dry part of the texas desert with the chain saw dude. And if he survives that get Eminem to hunt him down and shoot em with Dre’s AK 47. Then call it even.

June 19, 2012 at 3:05 pm
(51) LIL'T says:

I follow eminems song and know alomost all lyrics…but I’ve never heard him say any of that in any song and I’m a rapper myself…?

July 7, 2012 at 10:13 pm
(52) Roa says:

i believe that Lucifierians, people who are affiliated with witchcraft do that in songs when played backwards. There are tons of other songs with worst lyrics, & this isnt the first time its happene becuase of lyrics in music. Artist who make the songs are obligated to do it due to there pact with the devil to have fame, money etc. Funny i never heard of this tell now and im from Arizona too..

July 19, 2012 at 12:53 pm
(53) tim says:

this is bs go blaming eminem for all your problems he didnt make the man stab his wife and kids he wasnt on his sholder saying “stab em all all of em” if you wana blame some1 for this attrocity blame the man who did it.

July 20, 2012 at 3:58 pm
(54) Flebrsts says:

Sami,
Eminem may or may not be part of the Illuminati or also known as the Free Masons or the Masons, doesnt mean he loves Satan ( Lucifer) if you were smart, you would do research about the iluminati an you would know that they exist to protect the desendents of Jesus Christ. Even if he was a “Satan Lover” That doesnt make him any different from the rest of the world and he should not be judged ba. A man killed his wife an kids not because of Eminem but because the man had some unsolved issues and ended up resorting to violence, and it says that he killed them while singing one of eminems songs, he sang it Eminem was not there singing it to him. He made a choice an his choice got him in trouble. Therefor he is the one at fault and it would be rediculous of him to blame someone he has

July 20, 2012 at 4:20 pm
(55) Flebrsts says:

Sami,

Eminem may or may not be part of the Illuminati but that does not make him Satan, if you had done your research you would know that the Illuminati are the more evolutionary version of the Knights Templar, who Jesus went to, to protect the decedents of Jesus Christ. To be exact, their duty is to hide the information on who the decedents are an to protect them because as already know, there are alot of messed up people out there.Even if Eminem loved Satan, that does not make him bad person because he has different beliefs than you. He is a very popular part of this society and if he was such a bad person than he wouldnt be a popular musician. So Eminem is not to blame for the choices this man made when he killed his family. And even if he had been singing the lyrics to one of this very talented musicians songs, does not make the musician responsible. Granted, yes some of the lyrics to his songs are inappropriate but does that make him as much to blame for some lunatic killing his wife. The man made the decision to sing the song, Eminem was not standing there with him telling him to do it. The guy obviously had alot of unresolved issues that made him resort toward violence. If Eminem had actually been there that would have been one thing, but just because his music is played or sang in the process of such an ungodly act does not make him at fault or anything. So I would appriciate it if before posting a message judging someone based on what you think you may know, get your facts in order an make sure you have fully analyzed the situation. That way your accuzations at least of a logical ethic behind them.

July 20, 2012 at 4:20 pm
(56) Flebrsts says:

Sami,

October 21, 2012 at 5:19 pm
(57) Gregory Castel says:

The song’s called Underground.
Not too good at researching Mr. Adaso lol… the lyrics aren’t all fit together the way he says he said it, but I mean those words are in the song.

February 20, 2013 at 9:32 am
(58) Jesse says:

Well since eminem has left the illuminati and his kid’s are his life I hardly see how he should pay the guy who killed them is just a sick person.

March 28, 2013 at 2:59 am
(59) michael miller says:

Hey everybody I’m tellin u right now I know everything about this guy his ……. awesome love he songs Marshall Bruce mathers ur the king of RAP

April 1, 2013 at 1:45 am
(60) kevin says:

all u asses who think eminem is illuminati and anti christ and stuff u all are retards ppl……i mean come on seriously?????????????????????eminems kids and wife mean everything to him

his wife broke up wid him cuz he was travelling a lot nd stuff he was not arround much but they got bak together so all u eminem haters can go suk it

listen to his songs they hav somuch meaning

April 15, 2013 at 12:33 pm
(61) Tigress33 says:

Eminem writes songs to vent anger and pain like any other artist, the difference is he has soul. He writes songs of murder and hatred to vent, is it not better to sing a song of anger rather than act upon those urges? If you say you never had those dark emotions you’re lying. Not only that but he’s an entertainer! If you don’t like his music that’s fine, not everyone can handle something so dark, but NEVER judge when you havn’t even met him or known what he went through

May 11, 2013 at 3:56 pm
(62) zack says:

Its murder by eminem

July 13, 2013 at 4:48 am
(63) Gee says:

Music has power behind it, doesn’t matter what kind of music. Music has a spirit behind it, good or bad spirits. You don’t have to believe it, this is the truth nothing but the truth. I will not let the devil deceive me, that’s why I don’t listen to this garbage. Eminem said it him self, he follows the devil which is the “Rain Man”. He lets him self gets possessed by a spirit which is “Rain Man”. Rain Man is a dark spirit which is also a demon… You can say anything you want, but this is the truth…you can speak against what I jst wrote, but you can’t lie to the truth.

July 24, 2013 at 4:29 pm
(64) Peace says:

if he kows he is clearly rapping eminems lyrics then it is clear that he was
in control of his own body

April 6, 2014 at 11:36 pm
(65) Robert says:

All you that think eminem is possessed are on drugs… eminem study’s the dictionary and comes up with lyrics himself. Not because he gets possessed by some rain man… are you just that stupid… like wtf. He talks about being a rap god too Iinstead of a rap devil like come on. People got to shut their mouths. It was the mans fault. Hes controls his own actions. Theres a place that he should of been so all this never happened. Its called an Iinsane asylum or hospital.. hes the devil not eminem.