From the article: Jay-Z Albums
Jay-Z is a talented artist with two undeniable classics and several great albums under his belt. Which one of Jay's albums would you consider your favorite? Pick your favorite
- Although Blueprint and Reasonable Doubt are considered his best work by many...My personal favourite is the Black Album...covers his whole life and career from start to finish with unreal production and flawless lyrics with no features- 'What more can I say'
- —Guest Black Album
No Doubt About It
- Reasonable Doubt. Life-changing album. Listen to Regrets or D'evils if you disagree.
- —Guest Leroy
- Haven't heard Jay-Z go that crazy on and entire album since then....probably won't any time soon either.
- —Guest London Stand Up
The title says it all
- The Black Album was a testament that after 10 years in the game, there's no rapper beside big or pac that could make a more complete album than hova. Reasonable Doubt is a classic because it had re-lit the art of rap during that era, and only Jay could have done it so flawlessly. The Blueprint is the greatest album Jay ever made because it was accepted as "mainstream" but was oh so RAW!
- —Guest Jay Bell
- On so many albums there are far too many guests with BB3 being a prime example The Black album shows how to hold down a solo album and shows what hip hop is about !
- —Guest Chris
favorite Jay-Z album
- 1. Reasonable Doubt 2. The Blueprint 3. The Black Album these r no doubt his best albums
- —Guest piratosabri
- Hell no. Blueprint and Reasonable Doubt are stand alone.
- I think American Gangster is highly slept on. That album was flawless. And he brought it as far as lyrics. Production was beautiful. I'd listen to AG before the Black Album if I had to choose. Just my opinion.
- —Guest Keith
- Reasonable Doubt though Blueprint is so close. Reasonable doubt was pure in its form and every one after tried to copy it showing its prowess.
- Its my favourite because of all the remixes from some of my favourite producers. Kno, RJD2, Pete Rock, Mablib etc. But Blueprint is by far the best
- —Guest Jeff
jay z best album THE Blueprint babe is o
- THE Blueprint babe is on the way!!!!!!!! you also know that jay z made a classic with this one dude
- But, I understand Reasonable Doubt, and even to a lesser extent the Black Album. I think it's just a matter of preference. But, everyone should be talking about these 3 no question.
- —Guest Large
3 Albums I Consistently Play Today
- 1.Reasonable Doubt 9 2.The Blueprint 8.5 3.The Black Album 8 Reasonable Doubt is considered by many to be a classic in the halls of hip-hop. He goes toe-to-toe with B.I.G., displays a perfected mafioso flow, and is lyrically top knotch. The Blueprint isn't as high-powered lyrically as the debut album but still delivers the goods in the lyrics department. This album boasts exceptional production work from Kanye West, Just Blaze to name a few. Hov spars with the mainstream king at the time - Eminem - and holds his own. It should be noted that at this point in his career, Hov was lyrically past his prime. The Black Album is an all-around solid effort in what seemed to be his swan song. American Gangster is decent as well but not near the level of the above three. The rest as whole albums are "meh" for me. I can take songs off of each to vibe with but can't really recommend the albums in there entirety. But for someone to claim Jay-Z left no mark in hip-hop is blasphemy.
- —Guest Quincy
- Reasonable Doubt! Its a classic you can hear the realness, it in! They other are good but back on this CD Jay was still grindin..hustlin trying to get that bread!
- —Guest Kay
- Hip hop in it's purest form. Elevating songwriting and production. Groundbreaking!
- —Guest Deuce Kingz
1-15 of 33Next