Here are the best rap songs of 2013. Stream this list on Spotify.
(See also: The 15 Best Rap Albums of 2013)
You know that feeling you get when you wake up in a spanking new Bugatti and the soft leather gently kisses your skin as you stretch your arms, and then a trio of multi-racial models squeegee your third eye? If you did, you too would yell "I woke up in a new Bugatti" 55 times over a beat which Mike WiLL made.
49. Eve - "Wanna Be" (Feat. Missy Elliott & Nacho)
Eve's Lip Lock was light on the type of bite we've come to expect from the "pitbull in a skirt." Rescued from the rubble, however, is this hardboiled bop spunky enough to soundtrack The Real Housewives of...Some City.
46. French Montana - "F*ck What Happens Tonight"
45. Joell Ortiz - "Outta Control"
Compton prince Kendrick Lamar amusingly crowned himself the "king of New York," which made more than a handful of Big Apple rappers angry. The first one out the gate was Slaughterhouse's Brooklyn knight Joell Ortiz. He clapped back at K. Dot with what is now the best "Control" reply in existence. Yaowa.
43. Rich Homie Quan - "Type of Way"
1. The Michigan State football team danced to "Type of Way."
2. Drake declared it "song of the summer."
3. Rich Homie Quan was the funniest name of 2013. I don't have the stats to back this up, but I can confirm that no one has ever said "Rich Homie Quan" with a straight face.