The Bottom Line
- Interesting balance between the chorus and verses
- Fun, fast-paced beat
- Ultimately disposable and unmemorable
- Lacking real weight or poignancy
- First single from Relapse
- Produced by Dr. Dre
- Video features 50 Cent and Dr. Dre
Guide Review - Eminem - "We Made You"
With robust horns and a hard-hitting drumline, Eminem's new lead single sounds like... well, Eminem's old lead singles. What has changed is that his iconic irreverence and rapid-fire barrage of generic insults (targeted at such "esteemed" figures as Lindsey Lohan, Sarah Palin, and Jessica Alba) is now punctuated with a careening hook, providing a female voice to the absurd stream of borderline misogyny. As Em puts it, "You think that's bad, you should hear the rest of my album!" Anyone looking for weightier content or stronger lyricism should take the man's advice.