The Bottom Line
T.I. stays true to form on this Mannie Fresh-produced single, "Big Things Poppin'."
- Lyrical dexterity that goes beyond country grammar.
- Nothing new here.
- Lacks the excitement of his earlier hits.
- "Big Things Poppin'" is the lead single from T.I. vs. T.I.P..
- T.I. reconnects with longtime collaborator Mannie Fresh.
- "Big Things Poppin'" is devoid of the excitement of previous singles like "What You Know" and "Bring 'Em Out."
Guide Review - T.I. - "Big Things Poppin" (Grand Hustle)
While the "King of the South" won't disappoint fans, he doesn't cover much new ground here. He does, however, show a better command of multi-syllabic rhyme usage than his contemporaries.He grabs your ear with the opening line: "Do it to the maximum/Take it while you askin' em/Don't listen to them suckas when they say you too irrational."
The production? Smoothest towards the end of the song as the subtle mid-tempo guitar riffs meld with the synth piano and bass bump.