The Bottom Line
While Young Buck's 'gangsta' hasn't been questioned, doubters of his commercial appeal can give it a rest, too.
- Polow da Don's gleaming synths add flavor.
- Buck's bland lyrics are incongruent with the grimy beat.
- Lacks originality.
- "Get Buck" is the second single from Buck The World.
- Produced by Polow da Don, the boardsman behind Rich Boy's "Throw Some D's."
- Buck The World is Young Buck's sophomore album.
Guide Review - Young Buck - Get Buck (G-Unit)
After a steady stream of street material with Whoo Kid and DJ Drama, Buck primes listeners for his Buck The World sophomore set by reaffirming his affinity for club numbers and trunk rattlers. As Polow Da Don gives his best Timbaland impersonation with booming horns and space whirs, Buck's charismatic baritone and measured flow should keep heads nodding and offer a friendly alternative to a presumably tougher LP.