It's not an even playing field by any measure, but the Eminem vs. Mariah feud has just taken an interesting turn. Eminem unleashed a fiery diss dubbed "The Warning," in which he goes after Mariah and threatens to leak some intimate voicemails and pictures verifying their relationship. Here's a brief timeline of the beef.
- Eminem addresses Mariah in a song for the first time.
Fighting Words : "Superman" from Eminem's 3rd album, The Eminem Show, contained the following lyrics: “What you trying be? My new wife? / What, you Mariah? Fly through twice."
Eminem - "Superman" | Purchase
"I done came way too far in this game to turn and walk away, and not say what I got to say. What the f-ck you take me for a joke? You smokin crack? Before I do that, I'd beg Mariah to take me back"
Eminem - "When The Music Stops" | Buy
Mariah Carey denies the relationship on Larry King Live.
Fighting Words: "I hung out with him, I spoke to him on the phone. I think I was probably with him a total of four times. And I don’t consider that dating somebody." Ouch!
- Mariah parodies Eminem on tour. Her Marionette Show showcased Eminem puppets. "Clown," from Carey's Charmbracelet album, contained some obvious shots at Em.
Fighting Words: "You should've never intimated we were lovers/ When you know very well we never even touched each other."
Mariah Carey - "Clown" | Listen
- Eminem responds to Mariah's Marionette Show diss on his own Anger Management Tour by playing voicemails alleged to be from Carey.
- Eminem reaffirms his disdain for Mariah Carey on "Jimmy Crack Corn," from The Re-Up compilation LP.
Fighting Words: "Your mind’s on us like mine’s on Mariah. And y’all are just like her, you’re all f--king liars."
Eminem - "Jimmy Crack Corn" | Buy
- 50 Cent weighs in on the feud on "All of Me," which appears on Curtis.
Fighting Words: "Em predicted it all, I don’t know how he knew it. He said women from Hollywood they liars, liars, liars. You f-ck them, they get you heated, deny it like Mariah."
50 Cent - "All Of Me" | Buy
- Eminem hauls more insults at her and husband Nick Cannon on "Bagpipes from Baghdad," which appears on 2009's Relapse.
Fighting Words: "Nick Cannon, I wish you luck with the f-cking whore"
Eminem - "Bagpipes from Baghdad" | Buy
- Nick Cannon lashes out at Em via a blog post which he later deleted.
- Mariah responds to Eminem's response (you follow?) by dropping a new single titled "Obsessed." Despite her claim to the contrary, the song is widely perceived as a diss to Slim Shady. Let's face it, the music video for "Obsessed" even featured a male stalker dressed in Eminem's trademark hooded sweatshirt.
Fighting Words: "Why are you so obsessed with me? Lying that you're sexing me?"
Mariah Carey - "Obsessed" | Video
- Eminem fires back at Mariah's "Obsessed" with a full-fledged diss track titled "The Warning." I don't endorse silly feuds like this one, but there are no words to describe how lethal "The Warning" is.
Fighting Words: "Shut the f-ck up before I put up all the phone calls you made to my house when you were "Wild N' Out" before Nick, when you was on my d--k and give you something to smile about." Eminem - "The Warning" [Download]