1. Entertainment

Your suggestion is on its way!

An email with a link to:

was emailed to:

Thanks for sharing About.com with others!

Biggie Smalls generally enjoys blind adulation due, but only a fool will deny his skill, his unparalleled flow, his larger-than-life charisma, his generation-spanning influence. And yes, I've doled out my own share of praise to Brooklyn's finest, but I've never bought into the GOAT argument. There is one thing we can all agree on, though -- the man made timeless music in the short time he had here on earth. Here's what I believe to be Biggie's 15 greatest songs.

Comments

March 9, 2012 at 6:46 pm
(1) Cru says:

here we go again with the absurdity. Biggie overrated? Really? Jesus, someone just really doesn’t have taste in hip hop. Also Machine Gun Funk should be on this list. Congratulations this is ridiculous as it gets.

March 11, 2012 at 9:43 am
(2) zach says:

Gimme the Loot and The What will always be my favorite Biggie songs. I’d put Things Done Changed & Respect on the list too, and glad to see Warning on the list.

March 13, 2012 at 3:26 am
(3) Z says:

Wow Cru it’s all subjective stop bitching.

Good list, of course I’d have certain things changed (“The What”) and I was very changed to not see Brooklyn’s Finest here.

March 13, 2012 at 6:47 am
(4) Guy says:

@Z, well Brooklyn’s Finest isn’t really a Biggie song, as he’s the featuring artist. I think Henry’s got another list for Biggie’s greatest guest appearances, though.

March 13, 2012 at 12:43 pm
(5) ORA says:

Gimme the Loot and The What
missing
on
list

March 13, 2012 at 1:01 pm
(6) Z says:

@Guy: Wouldnt have mentioned it if Flava In Ya Ear (Remix) wasn’t there. Brooklyn’s FInest features him more than the Craig Mack song.

March 15, 2012 at 8:26 am
(7) Mike says:

I know it’s just your opinion, but Im shock to see you say Biggie is “overrated”. WTF. Almost makes me want to unsubscribe.

March 15, 2012 at 10:48 am
(8) JC says:

Everyone is entitled to an opinion but yeah that hurts!!

Biggie is definitely up there in the top 5, not sure if the GOAT!! But there is some strong competition right?!!!

Still, his flow is undeniably classic, unique and momentus in its effect on hip-hop.

I put up there in the GOAT category: KRS, Rakim, Nas, 2 Pac

March 15, 2012 at 10:48 am
(9) JC says:

Everyone is entitled to an opinion but yeah that hurts!!

I put up there in the GOAT category: KRS, Rakim, Nas, 2 Pac

March 16, 2012 at 1:23 am
(10) Guy says:

It would seem that people on this forum don’t know the meaning of ‘trolling’. Please look it up, and then reread Henry’s post.

March 10, 2013 at 10:53 am
(11) SDK says:

BIGGIE SMALLS IS THE ILLEST

R.I.P

TOP 5 EVER

March 10, 2013 at 2:11 pm
(12) aaron says:

Guys, let’s not forget that Biggie only dropped two albums. His skills as a rapper are among the best of the best, but with everything considered, how far can two albums take you? Also, I think that, while Life After Death was a very good album, it was elevated to classic status because Big died two weeks before it dropped. Biggie was great, but I do think he’s overrated when people call him the GOAT, or even put him in their top five.

March 11, 2013 at 8:30 am
(13) WE Z says:

Biggie is definitely top 5 no question those who disagree dont know real rap! His lyrical contcontent was top notch. If he was still alive alaalot of these rappers wouldn’t be as successful as they are now!

March 14, 2013 at 1:18 am
(14) Sammyb says:

Biggie had great flow and i loved listening to him but one has to wonder how he would have sounded over the course of several albums. And while Ready to Die was classic, Life After Death had a lot of filler. Also, most of the other rappers in his click barring Lil’ Kim (who mirrored him anyway) were pretty average and they elevated him further.

To be Greatest Of All Time, one should have a larger body of work. He was definitely one of the best ever in terms of flow.