1. Entertainment
Henry Adaso

Chief Keef Laughs off Rival Rapper's Death

By September 5, 2012

In case you needed further evidence that Chief Keef is garbage wrapped in human skin, here it is. Joseph "Lil Jojo" Coleman, 16, was recently shot and killed in Chicago. The boy had been feuding with Keef's camp. Upon hearing about Lil Jojo's death, Keef laughed it off on Twitter.

His exact tweet: "Its Sad Cuz Dat N---a Jojo Wanted To Be Jus Like Us #LMAO"

What's even more depressing is that his tweet has been favorited 80+ times (not all of them are cosigns, mind you). That's a tragedy in itself. But, as Smoking Section points out, "nihilism has mutated from a philosophy into a trend." Chicago's rising murder rate among teenagers is no joke, though.

Chi-town rapper Lupe Fiasco touched on this topic w/r/t Chief Keef in an interview posted by Fake Shore Drive last month.

"Chief Keef scares me," he said. "Not him specifically, but just the culture that he represents. Specifically in Chicago. And I don't speak this about any other city because I'm not from there. But like my family lives in Chicago. So my nephews, my cousins, my friends, and my peoples they all in those hoods that he represents. When you drive through Chicago...The hoodlums, the gangsters, and the ones you see killing each other. And the murder rate in Chicago is skyrocketing and you see who's doing it and perpetrating it, they all look like Chief Keef."

Keef responded on Twitter in the manner you might expect: "Lupe fiasco a hoe a-- ni--a And wen I see him I'ma smack him like da lil b--ch he is."

Interscope Records would earn cool points in my book if it dropped Chief Keef.

Related: Rhymefest Doesn't Like Chief Keef | Top 10 Rap Signings of 2012

Let's connect: Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Comments

September 5, 2012 at 8:06 pm
(1) Chris Victor says:

Yes it is a very sad thing that Jo-Jo was murdered by Keef’s camp and it was wrong for Keef to laugh i guess. But look at who and where you are talking about. These kids have no empathy. Keef has Asperger’s Syndrome, and one of the symptoms is limited empathy. So what can you do about? We are talking about the rough streets of Chicago, the perception of these kids is far off from the rest of society and nihilism IS becoming a DANGEROUS trend. No matter what, kids/young adults/ whatever, will still enjoy it. Main reason why? cause the perception of what thugs are. Keef is a poster boy for goons and thugs. Other rappers rap about the violence and chaos that he lives and breathes. Americans have a violent nature. So yea hes going to be around for a bit

September 5, 2012 at 8:34 pm
(2) Lefty says:

I’d give him 2 years, tops. Also, I read that he said someone hacked his account…..like anyone believes that anyway….

September 6, 2012 at 4:20 am
(3) Kris says:

Yea that murder rate isn’t going in the opposite direction until more people that are perceived as “cool” by the youth start denouncing it.

“I know that people wouldn’t usually rap this
but I got the facts to back this
just last year, Chicago had over 600 caskets
man, killing’s some wack sh-t
oh, I forgot, ‘cept for when ni—s is rappin’
do you know what it feel like when people is passin’?”

September 6, 2012 at 9:49 pm
(4) Kris says:

I know people wouldn’t usually rap this
but I got the facts to back this
just last year, Chicago had over 600 caskets
man, killing’s some wack s–t
oh, I forgot, ‘cept when n—as is rapping

September 7, 2012 at 11:45 pm
(5) Grieving says:

I live in an urban city. In the last 60 days, our family has suffered the loss of three beloved–a double murder of 2 first cousins; the murder of a 6 year old little girl and the severe injury of her father. All three were murdered by gunfire. In my search to understand how someone could be so insane as to murder their own people and no one–NO ONE speaks up. In my quest, I found the video BANG by Chief Keef. Now I understand more clearly. They have absolutely no regard for human life. No respect for authority. No clue of the horrendous horror they bring to families who lose children they love. And the Chief Keef’s of our cities look into the camera and laugh, and point guns, and laugh, and smoke weed, and laugh and dare anyone to defy them. They are demons masquerading as humans. And our children watch this garbage and want to emulate this insanity.

If there is just ONE person on this forum who knows how to pray, please do it as our family is. That whole “no snitch” mess. That’s got to stop. If I see something shady, I’M TELLIN’..TRUST ME!!! I’m sick and tired of these thug wannabees terrorizing our cities. And we’re letting our kids bring this garbage into our homes and watch it on the computers WE BUY??? Hell to the NO! Enough is enough. I believe Chief Keef is a scared little boy with a napoleonic syndrome. But I won’t waste time trying to diagnose his madness. The scary thing is that we can multiply Keef a million times over because that is what this culture of misogynistic and murderous music has spawned. We better do like Isaiah 58:1 says..”Cry loud, spare not, and lift up our voice like a trumpet.” Done.

September 11, 2012 at 3:25 am
(6) Caveman says:

If this is how he really feels, he needs immediate help.

September 11, 2012 at 11:19 am
(7) Tina says:

lOL ^ They aren’t thug WANNABEES they are thugs. But i mean thats what they grew up around , so thats how they are, it is sad though. I was born in chicago but raised in jamaica, my brothers stayed in chicago and they are the same way .

September 28, 2012 at 4:42 pm
(8) Chief Keef says:

This is BLOWN out of the picture….you can’t think he really laughed t a follow kids death… media blows everything up.

October 26, 2012 at 9:53 am
(9) john says:

Nihilism is a new trend? Seriously? Think about where we have come from, the days of the coliseum, the mongols pillaging and raping of women, going to far off lands for the purpose of murder and imprisonment. Its a shared history.

December 10, 2012 at 12:56 pm
(10) mr rachet says:

chief keef is a beast sosa baby (salisbury north carolina) we solute you man be easy 3HUNNNAAAAA i keep u in prayer

January 7, 2013 at 1:44 am
(11) blessd says:

We cant continue to blame these kids we need to take a look at the parents.where were they when this weed smoking gun toting video was being shot in the house were this kid was on elrctronic monitoring?ill tell yoi…lolo(keefs mom) was somewhere being the slut shes always been and alphonso cozart(keefs dad)was busy bein the loser he has always been.these are the people we should blame

January 25, 2013 at 3:21 pm
(12) tyler says:

chief keef is a bitch

January 25, 2013 at 3:24 pm
(13) tyler hoffman says:

cheif keef is a bitch. he aint bout dat life

April 1, 2013 at 4:54 pm
(14) hatebeingsobaaaa says:

Damn yall some broke boys