1. Entertainment
Henry Adaso

Obama Says Kanye West is Still a Jackass

By April 13, 2012

President Barack Obama dubbed Kanye West a "jackass" in the wake of his 2009 VMA rant. Three years later, Yeezy is still a donkey in Obama's book.

"I like Kanye," Obama said in an interview with The Atlantic's David Samuels at a New York City fundraiser. "He's a Chicago guy. Smart. He's very talented."

"Even though you called him a jackass?" Samuels asked.

"He is a jackass," Obama replied. "But he's talented."

"Kanye or Jay-Z?" The president smiles. "Jay-Z," he says, as if the answer should be obvious.

Ha. Ha. The president is kind of a funny guy, you have to admit.

Comments

April 14, 2012 at 9:13 pm
(1) smike55 says:

Hes only funny for erroneously choosing Jay Z over Kanye. Kanye is definitely the most consistant solo rapper of all time and also one of the best producers. The opposite holds true for Hov, but I got respect for anyone who likes Common. Also, Kanye is truly a jackass…but what’s wrong with that?

April 16, 2012 at 9:11 am
(2) J says:

^^^^^ agreed, Kanye has definitely earned the right to be a complete jackass, because he (in my eyes) is far and away the best rapper out since the turn of the century

April 18, 2012 at 10:35 am
(3) aaron says:

What about Nas? Stillmatic, The Lost Tapes, God’s Son, Hip Hop is Dead, Untitled, Distant Relatives all under his belt since the turn of the century.

April 19, 2012 at 12:02 am
(4) J says:

haha no disrespect to nas, I just meant rappers that debuted since 2000. Nas is definitely one of the goats

April 19, 2012 at 9:14 am
(5) will says:

“the best rapper out since the turn of the century?”,,
“definitely the most consistant solo rapper of all time?”,,
You gusy need to stop watching MTV,,for real,,

April 19, 2012 at 3:53 pm
(6) Kris says:

I don’t even think mtv hypes kanye like that. I definitely agree he’s the best hip hop artist to debut since 2000 and probably the most consistent solo hip hop artist of all time. Hov has way more dud songs and albums than ye. I could do without at least half of Nas’s albums. I suppose rakim, biggie, and maybe DOOM could be in the discussion but I’ll take ye.

April 20, 2012 at 9:27 am
(7) opowicz says:

kanye sucks dude uses autotune cause he cant sing and on that jay z kanye album he didnt have any good raps or at least nat alot just listen to n****s in paris he just screams a little bit and didnt he make a rnb album too where he didnt rap just sang
better rappers :mm,apathy,helta scelta ,cory guns,busta rhyms, jay z, nas,common ,talib kweli ,mosdef ,……
anybody that knows anything about hiphop and not pop music should know that kanye although he is a good rapper and an even better producer he can never be considered a goat
(would you really compare kanye with rakim or big pun on a lyrical level and I am not even talking about flowise)

April 20, 2012 at 11:14 am
(8) Jon says:

You just said that Kanye sucks and is a good rapper and producer in the same rant. I assume you mean his recent stuff sucks because you’re mostly stuck on his Auto-tune album and watch the throne. And yeah I’d put him on that level and what in the world has Cory Gunz done to establish himself as being better than Kanye? Forget everything else, just what has Cory Gunz done to be better than Kanye West? Kanye’s got at least3 classic albums and Cory Gunz is stuck makin halfass mixtapes.

April 21, 2012 at 10:39 pm
(9) smike55 says:

College Dropout, Late Registration, MBDTF. In the 2000s, no one is fukkin with that selection. You can name whomever you want. Nas is solid, but those albums you stated do not come close to those three albums. Nas is my favorite rapper of all time, but he is finished (see Nasty and the Don). And, Im not stuck on that 808s stuff, since it wasnt that bad…more of and experiment… and he released MBDTF after it. Oh and the lyrics on college dropout stand up to par with those of any MC ever.

April 22, 2012 at 4:07 pm
(10) anon says:

Kanye is a beast. Maybe not the greatest rapper out there and maybe not the best producer out there either, but he is definitely the most talented guy in hip-hop right now. Also, just because he doesn’t rap about the streets, getting shot and f***ing w****s doesn’t mean his lyrics aren’t good.