1. Entertainment

In a year that brought us mediocre movies, it's great to have some great hip-hop music to fall back on. No matter what those cynical bastards tell you, hip-hop had a strong outing in 2010. B-boys and b-girls, I give you the 50 best hip-hop songs of 2010.

Comments

January 2, 2011 at 3:22 am
(1) Harry says:

Good list but I think your missing a few:
Joell Ortiz – Battle Cry (should be top 5 atlases)
Fat Joe – I’m gone (much better than ha ha)
Kanye – Blame Game

January 2, 2011 at 6:33 am
(2) Me says:

I think you should have included:

Chiddy Bang – Opposite of adults
Hopsin – Sag my pants

January 2, 2011 at 8:54 am
(3) London Stand Up says:

Thanks for the list Henry, always thankful for your input on the music of today!

Enjoy the new year!!

January 2, 2011 at 9:25 am
(4) Dylann17 says:

An excellent, excellent list compiled of the greatest rap songs of 2010. Glad to see that ‘Just Begun’ was No. 1 with ‘Shutterbug’ at No. 2.

Two problems where is ‘Troublemakers’ – Ghostface Killah ft. Raekwon, Method Man and Redman and where is ‘Don’t Look Down’ – Kanye West ft. Lupe Fiasco and Mos Def.

P.S. For all real Hip-Hop fans make sure you sign the Lost Tapes 2 petition.

January 2, 2011 at 9:31 am
(5) Dylann17 says:

I forgot one song ‘Call Me’ – Joell Ortiz ft. Novel.
If you are looking for a feel good, old-school song look no further than this song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QEJqAfAMzU

January 2, 2011 at 10:56 am
(6) T says:

Good list, Henry.
It’s also good seeing that Power moved up from your old 2010 list, but the way you praised and rated it, it should be higher in the list, IMO.

January 2, 2011 at 4:24 pm
(7) Caveman says:

Despite the inclusion of Drake & Rick Ross, this was a fantastic list.

There’s a lot of names on here I’ve never even heard of on ths list, but I’ll be sure to check them out eventually.

I agree that Don’t Look Down should be on here. The concept was pretty creative. I also feel like the I’m Beaming remix should be on here. Lupe and his team just killed it.

January 3, 2011 at 6:48 am
(8) Juanka says:

I like it, good list, but Henry, I think you’ve been overlooking for years the whole Qn5 (PackFM, CunninLynguists, Kno, Kokayi, Substantial, Tonedeff, etc.), they make great, GREAT music, and this is the first time a see a Qn5 artist in the page. I have curiosity about what opinion do you have about PackFM’s album…I think it’s one of the best of the year

January 3, 2011 at 10:23 am
(9) Dylann17 says:

Henry, did you include some new songs on this list? I’m not sure, but I don’t remember some of the songs from the last time.

January 5, 2011 at 1:15 pm
(10) Johnny says:

No Love – Em ft. Weezy??

November 25, 2011 at 12:31 pm
(11) Nina Velez says:

Ya now thats a good song!!! Good Job!!!

January 5, 2011 at 3:39 pm
(12) Anthony says:

didnt see bmf coming

January 6, 2011 at 12:03 pm
(13) SlimSunny says:

Pretty solid Henry, but Remember the Titans was the worst track on MM4. Follow My Lead or Stuck in the Moment much better. And Lupe The Show Goes On.
Overall good looks though.

January 8, 2011 at 1:46 am
(14) Buck Nasty says:

Not the worst, at least someone made a list. Its definitely not even close to how I would have put it. Thanks anyhow. Found some good ones I haven’t heard yet on there.

Honorable Mentions I would have put on the list

Bun B & Statik Selektah – Best In The World (O.G.Remix)
John Robinson & Lewis Parker – International Summers
Large Professor – The Radar Remix
Sadat X – Turn It Up (Prod. by Pete Rock)
General Steele – Cry Freedom (Feat. Dead Prez)
Little Brother – Revenge (Feat. Truck North and Median)
Cymarshall Law – Magic
The Roots – How I Got Over
Freeway and Jake One – You Know What I Mean
Reflection Eternal – In The Red
Statik Selektah – Life Is Short (Feat. Consequence)
Atmosphere – To All My Friends
Marco Polo and Rustee Juxx – You Cant Stop Me
Fat Joe – Im Gone
Black Sheep – Birds of A Feather
Collective Efforts – I Get Down
Mass Influence – Morning Breath Chasers

January 8, 2011 at 3:26 am
(15) missed says:

Large on the Streets by Vado should have been on here…that is some of the best hip hop there has been in awhile

and Looking For Trouble also should have been in top 10. That is pretty much just like Just Begun.

Shoulda been Strong Will Continue instead of As We Enter

And Rick Ross????? Cmon man

January 8, 2011 at 2:18 pm
(16) Buck_Nasty says:

@missed, i agree with you on the vado track. very dope. hard to go wrong using big l sample on the hook.

February 20, 2011 at 7:10 pm
(17) sensistar says:

“Kanye: Perfect for wine-sipping at sunset in a hammock. ”

You just explained exactly why it shouldn’t even be on the list.

You did say rap music right.

February 8, 2012 at 11:18 pm