1. Entertainment
Henry Adaso

Game Renews Love/Hate Relationship with Jay-Z

By July 11, 2009

Most people either love or hate Jay-Z. The Game can't seem to make up his mind. Game hurled subliminal disses at Jay-Z on "One Blood" and later changed it to a shoutout while performing the song at the BET Hip-Hop Awards, just 2 months later.

Less than week after apologizing to G-Unit for his issues with them, Game seems to have renewed his love/hate relationship with the Jiggaman. Why exactly the Compton MC remains eternally committed to whoring himself for attention is anyone's guess.

I don't expect Jay to respond, but I wouldn't mind if he did. It could be exciting or lame. Either way, both men would probably log a few more CD sales, with Blueprint 3 and Game's new album both on the horizon. After the hoopla dies down, Game will then apologize and move on to his next big name target.

Photo © Vince Bucci/Getty Images

Comments

July 12, 2009 at 3:35 am
(1) Sleepy Wonder says:

When Game Apologizes To Jay-Z He’s Gonna Go Back At 50. Same Sh*t Different Day.

My Advise To Jay, Just Diss His Ass Already. Don’t Throw Out Little Subliminals, I’m Talkin’ Bout “Takeover 2″. There Is So Much You Can Work With Here! (Butterfly Tattoo, Bi-Polar, Former Stripper, I Could Go On And On) And Go Hard My Dude, Step Your Lyrical Game Up Cuz D.O.A. Sounded A Little Lazy.

July 12, 2009 at 1:24 pm
(2) Mitch says:

Agreed, let’s see some of that fire that we saw back when Jay and Nas were at words (although Nas clearly won the “exchange”).

July 12, 2009 at 11:20 pm
(3) jajaja says:

I like the ‘undercover agent’ or ‘batman’ music in the song, the songs is ok.

What does “no one is 42″ mean (last line)? — i have only been following music since 2002

July 13, 2009 at 12:53 pm
(4) big james says:

noone on the block is 42, game was referring to jay-z’s age as a diss. but jay-z isnt even 42.

and if jay-z does make a diss track and come at game, games career will be over.

July 14, 2009 at 7:43 am
(5) trayshaun says:

the game is jus an attention seeker i mean how many people he calls out or shout out in his raps.. he ain’y really got nunn to spit bout. after the Unit took him out he been a down-slide so now he jus lookin for his next meal ticket . cats like game and officer ricky jus deserve no attention at all.hov should not respond and whats with airing out yeezy’s boo? thats why he use a wrestler’s name he lacks creativity after all fidy made him

July 14, 2009 at 12:22 pm
(6) Jay says:

I doubt Jay will respond; I don’t think he cares about what anyone has to say about him anymore. This diss is weak anyhow, I must say.

July 15, 2009 at 4:54 am
(7) Jake says:

I went to watch the game last night in Leeds… and he was slagging Jay-Z off very badly and making the crowd sing along to him!!

July 16, 2009 at 6:38 am
(8) shawn says:

dunno y the game shld diss jigga yea.one track of jay-z’s,wld mess wih tew of the game albums

July 16, 2009 at 4:49 pm
(9) lefthandpisces says:

I love the Game a lot but he’s starting to adopt Fiddy’s old style: stirring up beef before an album release.

Fiddy had it down to a science; a calculated way of dissing someone to manufacture controversy prior to dropping a new album(i.e. Ja Rule, Kanye).

Henry, good job on calling out Game on “whoring himself out for attention”, cause I think that’s exactly what he’s doing. The guy’s got a great style and a good flow (even if he drops more names than rhymes) and I thought L.A.X saw him mature away from the whole Aftermath crew and make some awesome songs. But it makes me mad to see when commercialism and a fight for popularity gets in the way of good ol’ spittin’.

July 17, 2009 at 7:19 am
(10) deadfolx says:

Game is dissing cuz Jay opened his mouth. Jay is done

July 19, 2009 at 1:30 pm
(11) Jay says:

^^^ Jay-Z will outlast the cockroaches.

July 22, 2009 at 3:37 am
(12) m.mbabazi says:

I have never seen someone stoop soo low for attention as the game is doing.
Everyone knows that jay is way out of this lil’ dude’s league.I would rather he doen’t respond.

July 27, 2009 at 12:31 pm
(13) Patrick L says:

Game is one of my favorite rappers. I have all his albums but this is a weak diss. I like Jay-Z a lot. I have six of his albums and i thought if The Game would put out a diss it would atleast be pretty good. I thought it sucked. And if you go back to the Doctors Advocate album there is like a whole song on how The Game didn’t diss Jay-Z and how Game doesn’t diss legends. I hope his album is good or i have lost a lot of respect for him. But right now The Game stays one of my favorite rappers.