1. Entertainment
Henry Adaso

50 Cent's New Song Sounds Like 50 Cent's Old Song

By January 5, 2009

A new song titled "Get It In" from 50 Cent's upcoming album, Before I Self Destruct, has just hit the Internet. The first thing that jumps out at you is a recognizable uptempo drum beat, followed by a redundant loop and something about champagne and a party. Sound familiar? At this point in his career, 50 will be doing himself a disservice by regurgitating formulaic records. With fame and fortune already checked off, 50 has never been in a better position to reinvent himself artistically. After hearing "Get It In," I'm no longer crossing my fingers that it will happen on this new album. Don't take my word for it. Listen to "Get It In" and let me know what you think.

Photo © Getty Images

Comments

January 6, 2009 at 1:07 am
(1) KCarter says:

I like what you said bout the track and yea it sounds like the old 50 but…When you were describing the track you mention all the details which pretain to the beat and after listening to the song I would have to say that once again….DR. DRE saves the day

(Did Dre really produce this? – Henry)

January 6, 2009 at 1:14 am
(2) nas jr. says:

Is this that track that 50 was bragging about a few weeks ago, you know the one he found by searching through Eminem’s trash can. This sh*t should have just stayed in the trash. This album is gonna be his worst.

(If it is, Eminem needs a better trash can. – Henry)

January 6, 2009 at 4:55 am
(3) RedBeanzNRice says:

Ok, I read your 25 worst rap lyrics, and I’m hooked. Your snarkiness is music to my eyesight.

(Your flattery is coffee to my morning. Thank you. – Henry)

January 6, 2009 at 5:02 am
(4) RedBeanzNRice says:

Ok, so I tried to listen to the song in it’s entirety, but I couldn’t “get it in” my head to do it. *sighs* The song sounds like every line from his first album in repetition. I guess he’s out of ideas, since he’s no longer hungry. Oh well, another one bites the dust.

(Imagine how I felt after listening to the song 15 times in a row. – Henry)

January 6, 2009 at 11:33 am
(5) Joe Hope says:

“Monday, tuesday, wednesday..” That’s what I call addictive… not. Let’s talk about real hip hop instead and let 50 cent self-destruct in the meantime. Great blogs Henry, keep it up!

I gotta listen to this song one more (last) time tho.. At least the “monday, tuesday” part… Hilarious.

January 6, 2009 at 12:22 pm
(6) Reinis says:

Yep, Dre produced this one. And I’m not even wasting my time on finding it, the reviews aren’t good and anyway it’s 50… Hope he and Em drop their albums soon, which I feel both will be dissapointing (ok for 50 just bad – there’s nothing to expect), so Dre would release his one

January 6, 2009 at 1:51 pm
(7) TheLastWomanStanding says:

…Before I Self-Destruct? Don’t threaten us, just do it. How about “Before I Spontaneously Combust” and just get the shyt over with. That way we can see how it really “pop off.” LOL. It’s a wrap for 50.

January 7, 2009 at 3:10 am
(8) Dubsac says:

50 should have quit while he was ahead, or does he really just have so much money now that he doesn’t care? T.O.S? You cant make money off not selling records…

January 8, 2009 at 11:47 am
(9) Lexo says:

50 sucks he shuld jst quit or jst join other rnb artists lyk beyonce

January 8, 2009 at 12:51 pm
(10) Peg-Leg says:

I’m not gonna front. I actually liked this song, but though it’s single material, in that it’s pretty radio friendly, I don’t think it holds a candle to “Get Up” or that it represents the “aggressive” attitude that BISD is supposed to have.

January 8, 2009 at 11:46 pm
(11) dre says:

its dopee

January 9, 2009 at 4:12 am
(12) Ralph says:

I’m not a 50 cent fan but I think this song’s alright. The lyrics aren’t so hot but I think the beat is sick.

January 16, 2009 at 10:42 am
(13) brahmabull says:

The song has grown on me a little bit but the truth is that 50 seems to be crying for inspiration. I never thought he was that great a rapper but he could generate excitement. I remember hearing “Get Up” and thinking that it was perhaps a decent harbinger of better things (not withstanding the fact that it really only had one true verse etc.) but I heard “I Get It In” and I honestly thought I was listening to a discarded version of “Disco Inferno”
Even if you’re a 50 Stan you have to say that his singles are mostly of two veins
1. Magic Stick/Candy Shop/Amusement Park (you can call them Candy Shop parts I,II and III
2. Disco Inferno/I Get it In
In Da Club, I Get Money, Get Up. These are aggressive tracks that generated a lot more excitement.

March 16, 2009 at 10:02 am
(14) Elmo- 50 fan says:

50 Dont listen 2 these h8ers u tha best and always goin 2 b the best an that song i get it in wass good

April 14, 2009 at 8:05 am
(15) 50 cent songs says:

I love 50 cent.I really enjoy the 50 cent songs and videos.

April 15, 2009 at 5:15 pm
(16) tahnee>g-unit4life says:

what are you people talking about? ugh, 50 cent is still the best. atleast in my book.. even if this song sounds like an old one, it is a very good one. i am and have been a 50 cent fan since he came into the music biz.. then about 1 month after G-Unit became recognized they became my favorite AFTER 50 though.. you people jus need ta quit hating. if you guys think you can rap better than him TRY IT, i DARE you..