1. Entertainment

Your suggestion is on its way!

An email with a link to:

was emailed to:

Thanks for sharing About.com with others!

Henry Adaso

Tha Carter III Springs a Leak

By June 3, 2008

Lil Wayne's forthcoming album, Tha Carter III, is slated for official release on June 10, but some savvy bootleggers don't have to wait that long to get their hands on a copy of the eagerly-anticipated album. Carter III was leaked on the web over the weekend. Word on the street is that an anonymous DJ leaked it in retaliation for some of Wayne's remarks about mixtape DJs. "I don't know no mixtape DJs," said Weezy in a recent interview with mixtape magazine, Foundation. "F**k ya if you a mixtape DJ. I'm not into ya'll selling me out. I ain't with that." Apparently, Wayne was upset that some DJs had released his songs without his approval.

During a call to Shade 45, Wayne clarified that the diss was intended exclusively for a DJ named Empire. "First off, I didnít mean to disrespect no DJs, no mixtape DJs, whatever kind of DJ you is, with no kind of disrespect," he noted. "But this Empire ni**a, I donít f**k with him. This ni**a puts out a CD on me every month. I couldnít even tell you what he looks like."

Looks like Empire just found himself on the wrong side of the building.

Comments

June 3, 2008 at 8:36 am
(1) J says:

I think this album is great! Your peoples thoughts on it?

June 3, 2008 at 9:05 am
(2) J Willis says:

It’s a pretty good album, not great though. Sometimes Wayne blows your mind, other times he makes you laugh at how stupid he sounds. Best line from the album: “i know you don’t understand, cause you thought little wayne was weezy, but weezy is wayne”

June 3, 2008 at 9:09 am
(3) dugthroneza says:

BEST OF THE YEAR,
TRUST ME THOSE TRACKS GROW ON YA, IM A BIT DISSAPOINTED WITH TWO OR THREE TRACKS COS I ALREDY HEARD EM, ‘LA LA LA’ ‘BABYFACE TUNE’ BUT IT IS THE LEGENDARY ALBUM/

June 3, 2008 at 10:52 am
(4) EadyMedia says:

Join me tonight on my internet radio show
“It Can’t Just Be Me..” as we discuss the impact of the Carter III being leaked by DJ Chuck T, and what happens to it from here. We’ll also have on Cathy Middleton author of “Girl, Get that Child Support” as we talk about child support issues.
Log onto http://www.blogtalkradio.com/EadyMedia
at 1000pm CST/1100pm EST.

June 3, 2008 at 12:05 pm
(5) Shiban says:

to tell the the truth MY expectations weren’t that high, i thoughtis was gonna be horrible, but if you look at it based on Myexpectations he exceeded them because thealbum is an OK album! HAHA can’t believe yall like it that much!

June 3, 2008 at 1:03 pm
(6) Peg-Leg says:

I actually know who this Empire DJ is. Ain’t he the guy who put out the “Drought is Over” mixtape series? Hot album tho.

June 3, 2008 at 3:26 pm
(7) Cathal says:

it sucks badly…a disgrace to the art of music nd the art of song writing and emceeing…the lyrics are wack!

June 3, 2008 at 4:53 pm
(8) bk says:

why is jay messing with this dude, wayne put out lollipop while jay puts out roc boys

June 4, 2008 at 10:34 am
(9) Shiban says:

i am starting to dislike the songs more and more after listeningto them… t\the tracks don’t grow on you, they get worse and worse… now the only songs i like are tie my hands, dr. carter, mr. carter, letthe beat build, while phone home has gotten very annoying… who cares about your fantasies of being an alien??! imean man…

June 5, 2008 at 4:37 am
(10) Franc says:

Heh. I actually pulled this as soon as I heard it leaked thinking it’d be a crazy joint. Though I new it’d never live up to hype since it was hyped up to the point where they were playing it off as something on the level of Ready To Die or Illmatic but I still held out for something at least as good as Tha Carter but sadly it wasn’t meant to be…

3 Peat, Mr. Carter, and A Milli are hot records then skip till I get to La La (hey, brisco & bustas rhymes are on point.) Then Good Girl Gone Bad, Nothin On Me, Let The Beat Build And Misunderstood. And Even then I find myself skipping Good Girl Gone bad, Nothin on Me and Misunderstood. Everything else is either weak (phone home) or only decent (tie my hands).

What wayne should have done as soon as C3 leaked the first time was he should have fired everyone in his camp cause that’s where empire was getting waynes tracks from, and just kept everything under wraps and C3 could have kept all the tracks that were leaked on the Drought is Over mixtpes.

June 6, 2008 at 9:36 am
(11) skrizza says:

I dont dislike wayne, i like a lot of his stuff, but wayne is over-rated, the album like all his ish has a couple tracks that are nice, and the rest is ok.

June 6, 2008 at 4:23 pm
(12) tete says:

Wayne has been one of the hottest rappers around for years. It’s sad how many region haters there are out there. Wayne always brings the heat if you ask me. I don’t know why some people want to compare him to other artist. He’s not trying to be Jay-Z, B.I.G., or anyone else. Wayne always does Wayne, and that’s one of the things that make him so hot. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but just keep in mind not everyone liked Biggy and/or 2Pac.

June 7, 2008 at 10:34 am
(13) What? says:

I’m from Belgium so i’m not really biased or something but why do you guys like Lil Wayne?? Because his voice is cool(i think its annoying), because he got some good beats(deuh when the real mr Carter is supporting you)…??? I know its not for his lyrics!! This guy sucks!! He can’t even rhyme! All he says is: oops I meant… How can you find someone like that good! I’m no hater, I barely know him(Belgium isn’t known for it’s hiphop) but this isn’t music!! this is yelling and saying irrelevant words without even rhyming!! at least try!! instead of : oops i ment…

It’s time for these stupid rappers to stop making “music” and leave it to the true lyricists! Like Talib Kweli, Common, KRS-ONE, Nas and plenty of others!

June 7, 2008 at 12:59 pm
(14) Shiban says:

really tete? he doesn’t try to be like them? then why does he even say he’s gonna be (DREAMING) mentioned among pac big and jay z when he finishes on mr. carter? i mean lil wayne ain’t nothin but an ok rapper, i seriously don’t get where the hype came from in the first place, i mean he sounds like a poor man’s canibus to me… except he can get good beats sometimes, ha

June 10, 2008 at 8:47 am
(15) Shiban says:

o ya although unlike canibus he actually has suject matter a few times… Canibus would still destroy em tho