1. Entertainment
Henry Adaso

Nas' Greatest Hits CD Arrives in November

By August 12, 2007

When Nas made the historic move from Columbia Records (a division of Sony BMG) to Def Jam in 2006, his old label put in one last request for a Greatest Hits album. Well, Mr. Illmatic is now ready to uphold his part of the bargain. Nas, who recently contributed a song titled "Less Than an Hour" to Rush Hour 3, will release a Greatest Hits album in November. The CD will feature 12 songs from eight of his albums and two new songs, including the Cee-Lo-featured "Less Than an Hour."

I'm done trying to figure out how record companies pick the songs that make Greatest Hits CDs but I'm sure we can find more than 12 gems in Nasir's catalog. I wonder if "Oochie Wally" will make the cut.

Photo © Scott Gries/Getty

Comments

August 12, 2007 at 1:20 am
(1) 6th Sense says:

Nice! Now let me guess, 9 of the songs are going to be from Illmatic or I will riot. haha.

August 12, 2007 at 8:27 am
(2) BK says:

my guess is the songs will be
one mic, the world is yours, nas is like, i can, it aint hard to tell, if i ruled the world, got ur self a, bridging the gap, lifes a bitch, hate me now, then between halftime and one love

August 12, 2007 at 10:10 am
(3) 713 says:

what about “what goes around comes around”

August 12, 2007 at 11:55 am
(4) james says:

yea i’m definitely picking that up. nas is the ####, but twelve tracks? c’monnnn, there’s more than that. henry, since it’s not def jam releasing it, do u think hip hop is dead (the song) will be on there or no? my guess is not.

August 12, 2007 at 5:07 pm
(5) Nemesis says:

713:

“What Goes Around” was not a single, so it won’t be on there.

August 12, 2007 at 6:49 pm
(6) H says:

James, I don’t think it’ll matter to Columbia. Nas is still somehow aligned with both labels.

August 13, 2007 at 10:23 am
(7) Cathal says:

im a huge fan hes arguably my favourite rapper but am not excited at all about this cuz its jus gonna be all dem obvious singles…just a playlist dat every nas fan has already made…so dont care..
they shud make a best of nas…not jus all his singles lik c’mon we knw wat his singles are lol

October 10, 2007 at 3:52 am
(8) ill e says:

i guess ‘hustlers’ will be included!

November 7, 2007 at 9:54 am
(9) Roc Boy says:

I know this album is gonna be hot regardless cause the greatest rapper is putting it out..Nas is that dude no one is on his level of intellegency when it comes to rapping Nas is the truth..Sincere the Roc Boy