1. Entertainment
Henry Adaso

Timbaland to Host Fundraiser for Hillary Clinton

By March 2, 2007

Ubiquitous sound architect Timbaland is set to host a lavish fundraiser for Democratic Presidential hopeful Hillary Rodham Clinton in Miami, FL this month.

Timbaland (born Timothy Mosley) will host the fundraiser on Mar. 31, which is the last day of the first-quarter fund-raising period for Presidential candidates, according to the Miami Herald. The fundraiser is reportedly billed at $1,000 per attendee. Former President Bill Clinton is also slated to appear at the event.

Now that Clinton has aligned herself with a hip-hop bigwig, I wonder which rap star is going to host Obama's fundraiser. Eminem? May I suggest Kanye West.

Timbaland Related Articles: Image © Matt Law

Comments

March 3, 2007 at 2:06 am
(1) Nero says:

Since Obama’s from Illinois, I’d think that a couple of Chi-Town’s finest – Common and Kanye West – would be glad to host fundraisers for Obama, if asked.

March 3, 2007 at 6:36 am
(2) Henry says:

Absolutely. Common was the first hip-hop artist to express support for the young Senator way back when. I was kidding about the Eminem thing, of course.

March 3, 2007 at 7:13 am
(3) Henry says:

Keep in mind: David Geffen already took care of fundraising business for Obama.

March 8, 2007 at 6:09 am
(4) B-mac says:

If Hilary, gets elected It’s going to be a cold day in hell, and I’m moving somewhere warm. No Clinton belongs in office besides Bill. I no longer respect timbaland and am hereby boycotting all the artists who use his beats. I may have to stop listening to hip hop.

March 8, 2007 at 11:50 am
(5) Clyde Smith says:

I personally want to see 50 Cent come out a lot more strongly for the Republicans. I don’t think he will, though, because he realizes he would undermine the guys he backs.

April 14, 2007 at 11:52 am
(6) Dave says:

It is just like Hillary to have a double standard. She takes money from a rapper that uses the N-word 24 times in one song but in on the band wagon to fire Ibus… typical.

November 28, 2007 at 11:11 am
(7) Chanetrice says:

i really feel that evey thing that youare saying is completrly bogus. how can you shoot sown hilary for doing what she does. and also shoot down timbaland for helping and then go say 50 cent should speak out for the republicans. well the last that i heard that she had to give it all back so therefore i think you all should shut up and let it all go.

August 3, 2008 at 11:32 am
(8) STR8upPoLiTiCs says:

2 NAS and who ever reads this???
This will be the ULTIMATE ALBUM OF ALL TIME!
All it needs is beats from Dr. Dre and a sprinkle of Timberland in the mix! U start by mixing the pot with a flow that is LOUD and WORDS mean what they say! From the WEST…ICE CUBE!
U will need a rapper that has a flow that will swallow you whole and spit you out! From the EAST…Nas! U will need a rapper that will give you a 110% every time he hits the studio and has a rugged mello type of flow from the SOUTH…Scraface!
Take all 3 and put them all together and tell me what do u have??? A triangle of POLITICS!!!!!!!!!

Nasir Jones, (Kid Wave)

A.K.A: Nasty Nas, Nastradamus

KNOWN AS: USA MOST BRAVE RAPPER….what!

“I want to do an all-Dr. Dre album,” he told MTV News. “A whole thing with Dre and a
whole thing with Primer, and drop ‘em on the same day. That’s the real thing. All right,
I said it. That’s what I really wanna do.

That is GREAT! BUT BIG PLANS means hard work and dedication for the “people” the fans
That want this! The title of the NEW ALBUM: THE JOURNEY IS NEAR: ELECTION 08′
ALBUM RELEASE DATE: NOVEMBER, 03 2008…..

January 26, 2012 at 5:40 am