1. Entertainment
Henry Adaso

So, You Want to Be a Rap Star?

By October 12, 2006

Hey! Yeah, you. Looking for something hip and exciting to do this weekend? Well, how would you like to rhyme just like your favorite hip-hop artists? I'm talking about Hip-Hop Karaoke. According to their website, hip-hop karoake was designed for the inner Big Daddy Kane in all of us. If that sounds like a discovery you're willing to make, head on over to the Knitting Factory this Friday for a chance to impersonate Jay-Z, Slick Rick, Talib Kweli, Special Ed or even KRS-One, at no cost. See the official hip-hop karaoke website for directions and sign-up information.

Comments

December 16, 2006 at 5:16 pm
(1) richard hartley says:

y yo yo wot up lancaster

June 8, 2007 at 10:19 am
(2) tyquan says:

yo all i fly 800 blok

it rap

June 28, 2007 at 8:52 pm
(3) D boi says:

I want to bacome a rapstar so bad i just cant come up with the rymes can u help me?

June 30, 2007 at 5:33 am
(4) scope says:

if you can ceap up with my motion then i can creat the potion

September 5, 2007 at 6:34 pm
(5) Solomon says:

I really want to rap so can yall help to be a rap????????????

September 29, 2007 at 9:16 am
(6) big smoke says:

yo yo yo this ya man biggs i came to lay it like dis k ya f.ck with the boy
the p the k yeh yeh im the real mckoy
let ya fall in a case of forensic’s
see how yall prosacuters take offence to this and mannage this the kid rocking
make all games shows stop and take a look at true talentio see im the car u the valay stop de-casing broke’s

October 22, 2007 at 8:19 am
(7) Sonny Bruno says:

im the hottest nigga in philly but no 1 knows it i need my shot 2 prove im hot

November 26, 2007 at 7:17 pm
(8) cris says:

i want to become a rap star

November 26, 2007 at 7:17 pm
(9) cris says:

i want to become a raps tar because i know how to weite songs

December 5, 2007 at 3:14 pm
(10) Rayshone Evans says:

ah i love ur work sponser me i’ll make hits

July 23, 2008 at 9:57 pm
(11) RAUL says:

i want to become a rap star but it seems inposible with no artist keeping his ear on the streets, can someone HELP please prove that i can be someone to the people and the G’s im tired of siting i want to raise up to my feet

September 8, 2008 at 11:13 pm
(12) lewis martin says:

i want to become a rappa. Fortune and fame. Im white. but i can play a niggas game.
Ive been brought up with crime. I live it rough. U mite aswell can me hancuff. Girls i dont beat behind the tush. U bet shave. i hate bush.
I met a horrible bitch named racheal fuking bitch. I dont fuk her no more she makes my dick ich. Now i get blow jobs instead. You bet give me cred. Im a beast from the north east of…. England. I got arrested. now im on remand. (8) (8)

October 5, 2008 at 2:23 am
(13) Ak$hin Pacc says:

i want to be a major rapper so help me get deals with anybody please

October 5, 2008 at 2:30 am
(14) Ak$hin Pacc says:

becuz im ready to put in the work that is required for me to do hit me up and give me feed bacc and i will rise to the standard of makin so of that good music yall missin

November 15, 2008 at 9:40 am
(15) GOODGANGSTA says:

MY LIFE FO THE HOOD
MY MONEY FO THE GOOD

December 10, 2008 at 4:48 pm
(16) mafia says:

i want to be a rapper so BAD. i got da talent to become one and i want da world to see dat i got dat kind of talent.

January 5, 2009 at 8:01 pm
(17) monica says:

a u no this is me.im like a m.c. i hate wen ppl be starrin at me.im just me.stop bein a wanna be.if u keep doin that ima be in yo misery. im the moni i stay with money. u see me nigga you no u want me. im just 14 not on a magazine.i hope i come professional and have mi own lemozine.keep playin ill shoot u with some silly string.if u like me den weres my diamon ring.i wanna be a president. if u were yallow ill paint u black if u were my resident. i said its resident, president, tell me then, im sellin it, buyin it, tryin it, nigga im denyin it. call me up and u no that ill be revisen it. tell me what u really think. or ill have to let u think. tell me then ill buy u a drink.if u wont cry then do not cry ova mi sink. im lookin 4 someone to find me.so i wont have to hide.look wen i comt famous den ill alwayz give u a ride.plz give me a chance thos is anamous man y u gotta be ananomous.p3@c3

January 8, 2009 at 7:20 pm
(18) ishan says:

yea…waddup…hey homie i relli wna be a rapper….i m 14 n i rap good…n m india…still i cn rap good…plz gimi a chance….i ll show u wat rap is…thnx….

January 22, 2009 at 8:46 pm
(19) deni says:

straight to the top is where im headed 2009 is when i said it homie dont you forget it cuz u mite regret it i can rap i just need a chance to say my feelings on this beats n i need to shine quick someone help me !!!

January 22, 2009 at 8:52 pm
(20) david says:

ima ryder with mentality ill hit you with reality ur gunna get disrepected and catch the unexpected im making dollaz like ballaz and now im poppin my collaz all them haters keep hating but they aint facing or fading i can rap i need a chance to shine tho!!!!

April 25, 2009 at 6:09 pm
(21) Mohamed Al-shawa says:

im the beast from the middle east(israel/palestine)
chiks cant stand against my beats
& you wont stand against my feast….

i was born in the middle of this wars,
a muslim behind this jewish bars,
a stone against armored cars,
you all dreams to be a star,
but i dream to get out of this bars,of this cage,to get rid of my rage,
and maybe then to be on a stage,
i dream to be free,but every sec i wake up in a worse reality,
i got no more friends,cause they are no longer around,they are fighting for a sit somewhere beneath the ground,
living deads walking around,wondering who’ll die in the next round,
hear my voice,and here’s my sound…
i shall say goodbye,in case that i ll be no more around

just wrote this now to give an idea about me,i rap for life and rap is all about my life

April 25, 2009 at 6:10 pm
(22) Mohamed Al-shawa says:

hi

May 23, 2009 at 9:19 am
(23) shaun says:

im not one for big words
but a wanna be star.
look in the sky see me fly high.
so fly dont need no parashoot.
aint time for falling on my niky shoes.
But need some advise how to change my life
by being a rap star that shines tru the night.

can u help me and lead me tru the way.

June 11, 2009 at 5:30 pm
(24) joshua says:

hey my name is josh. im 14 mnt. home Idaho I already know how to rap. i write lyrics I need this put out in the world please i’ve been praying to god to make it famous heres my demo

girl do you know what im thinking write now. were gonna party, party, party till the floor come out, were gonna party, party, party till the floor come out. i was at the party when i seen this natraul born i took here to my room and we started to get nauty. strip 1, strip 2, now i strip you, we up here and nobody got a clue. first we get to teasen then we get pleasen next thing i know shes on her knees an, girl do know what im thing right now were gonna party, party, party till the floor come out. were gonna party, party, party till the floor comes out.

June 11, 2009 at 5:33 pm
(25) joshua says:

my number is 587-9026

June 11, 2009 at 5:39 pm
(26) joshua says:

208-587-9026 my bad hay all you that see this dont give up god will lead you were you need to be. cahow see you later

July 2, 2009 at 12:04 pm
(27) cebo says:

yo dog im only 13 and i am desprite to be a rap artisit and i write songs am not good a free style jus on paper im like magic please help me

November 23, 2009 at 8:56 pm
(28) IRENE says:

I AM THE MOTHER OF A HOT AND RISING STAR .I WOULD LOVE FOR HER TO BE HEARD.IF SOMEONE COULD PUT ME ON THE RIGHT ROAD I WOULD LIKE THIS TO BE A SUPRIZE FOR HER,SHE DOSE NOT KNOW I’M DOING THIS.

November 30, 2009 at 10:49 pm
(29) Mez says:

I got mad skillz and i feel bad for all u wanna be rappers kuz u aint even haue swagga like mine the best part is im a fukin girl

January 28, 2010 at 12:46 am
(30) diablo says:

all ov u r bitches

September 19, 2010 at 10:02 pm
(31) shaquad patterson says:

IM FOURTEEN and can rap but i need a chance

love dont love nobody so u gotta be somebody to experience it and fame comes wit practice while every dude wants to marry an actress and be they lover but unless they love u back u just another dude who they wit and who they might quit in another 24 hours den yo heart gone cum tumblin down lyk the twin towers never agin will u love bcuz they always seem to fly a way lyk young doves

and that was just a demo

October 5, 2010 at 1:55 pm
(32) johnboy says:

need a studio

October 21, 2010 at 1:32 pm
(33) the-don-adam says:

yo yo i live in danmark and i want to be a rap star

November 19, 2010 at 10:24 am
(34) brokeMC says:

I’m a rap star.

January 17, 2011 at 10:50 pm
(35) shaquad patterson says:

im back going by the name of young rebel now, any way came to drop this

all wack rappers are nothing to me like a crash test dummy they can get hung lyk im a slave master and they tryin to run from me used to go by young prince cuz i wanted to be a king rebelled against that cuz it was a one night fling being the greatest rapper of all time is my dream.

young rebel

January 17, 2013 at 10:25 am
(36) darie blair says:

but i live in jamaica

November 18, 2013 at 11:49 am
(37) jacoby lee says:

Man I don’t write anything down I vibe with music and out comes this sound feel like I’ll never be found im the blood diamond in the ground rapping is like the best high I get all excited mind and body become divided like my spirit and reality just collided to who’s unsecured step into my mind your invited if u felt like I do when I rhyme you would do this all the time its GODZ world and I rap to HIM oh yeah my moms name is Kim lol sup boyyyyssssa