1. Entertainment
Henry Adaso

Hip-Hop News Round Up: 50 Cent Goes After Oprah

By April 29, 2006

The notorious 50 Cent is at it again. This time, 50's target is the billion dollar lady, Oprah Winfrey. In a recent interview with the Associated Press, 50 declared his resentment for Oprah, "I could care less about Oprah and her show." Why? "I think she caters to older white women." Wow! I wonder whose album Mr. Cent is trying to promote by denigrating Oprah Winfrey...oh wait, Mobb Deep's Blood Money is just right around the corner. (Source:Crunk & Disorderly)

Have you ever wondered why some women are no big fans of hip-hop? Well, according to the lovely XXL online columnist, Tara Henley, it boils down to five reasons, one of them being that "females get tired of being trash-talked." 50 Cent take note.(Source:Northern Touch)

We've all heard about people getting shot at the now infamous New York radio station, Hot 97. Well, for those of us who've been living under a cave for the past few days, a fledgling NY rapper named Gravy was allegedly shot by a member of his 30-man entourage on his way to the radio station. Gravy took the bullet, acted as if nothing happened and still went upstairs to sit in for his interview, until someone noticed blood dripping from his behind. You may recall that a member of The Game's entourage was also shot in the lobby of Hot 97 during a 2005 altercation between The Game and 50 Cent. (Source:SOHH Media Chin-Check)

Photo: © Interscope

Comments

May 1, 2006 at 4:37 pm
(1) ronda says:

50 is really ignorent. Oprah has done a lot for our black community He hasn’t done sh*t but defile our black community. If i had I show i would banned him to because he disrespect women and I wouldnt promote that either
So he needs to stop begin a B**ch

May 1, 2006 at 10:37 pm
(2) birdman says:

50 f**k dem haters keep doing what you do ggggg unit when banks an buc nexts album comes out i ll cop ten copies each an 20 copies of blood money gggg unit

May 2, 2006 at 10:27 am
(3) Melinda says:

I happen to love Oprah thank you very much!

May 7, 2006 at 7:10 am
(4) DeDi says:

G – UniTTTT

November 30, 2006 at 1:25 pm
(5) Angie Y says:

50 is a whining baby, Oprah has shows about topics that interest her and why not it’s HER show. Does he think that rappin about having x in a club, or being the PIMP is excelling or aiding the black community. He’s feeding into the negative stereo types to pad his pockets. Oprah’s show went from being a typical talk show to an informative medium for all people. Oprah has paid her dues to our community and she has charities that aid Blacks as well as others. Just because she can’t brag about being shot 9 times and being a snitch doesn’t mean anything. Maybe she doesn’t like rap and that’s why they’re not on her show. I wouldn’t have 50 anywhere near any kind of show because he talk too damn much about nothing. Yeah, Oprah has a lot of whites on her show. Don’t hate, because 50 has a lot of whites buying his CD’s, just because we can’t visably see them doesn’t make it any different, he spending that money just the same and ain’t none coming to my neck of the woods. I say pick on someone who’s gonna pick back but then again…you’ll just get a restraining order P*$$Y!!!!!!!

December 6, 2006 at 11:27 am
(6) Monuel says:

Personally neither one of them has done anything for the Black community in the US that I can recall. Going to Africa…Madonna and Angelina Jolie has done that and they are not even black.

Not one of them has stepped in my neck of the woods doing anything for the black communities I have stayed in. They have so much money, why don’t they start funding or being the face of mentoring program. I am not asking them to save the world or minorities but keep it real and do not forget where you came from. That’s all!!

And if I am wrong tell me what specifically they have done. Give me a name or organization.

December 8, 2006 at 8:59 am
(7) RealMadDog says:

Oprah doesn’t just hate rappers, she hates all REAL black men. She is a closet FRISCO DYKE, hiding behind that effiminate Stedman. She might be happier if she came on out.

December 16, 2006 at 2:27 am
(8) Johnny Harper says:

I comletely understand 50 cent rapper, he was extremely uspet with Oraph Winfrey. In fact, 50 cent rapper can not control or stop from Oraph’s show. Oprah Winfrey and the rappers have different hearts in the nation. Oraph Winfrey, she loves all the humankind than profane, act of voilent, immature personality. I think Oraph prefers educated people. Oraph welcomes all the color of skins with educated people. That is her life. Maybe Oraph feel uncomfortable either hears or see the rappers have lot of troublemaking, to threaten the black community.

February 5, 2007 at 10:19 am
(9) tweety lover says:

look i luv fifty to death and i agree with him she only caters to whit people sumtimes i feel that she is to good for black people. fifty keep doin ur thing becuz ur soooo right!!! and if oprah does alot for black people why is the majority of her guest white??? why does she alwayz do things for them!! gggggg g-unit!! im ur biggest fan and i luv u soo much!!!

March 24, 2007 at 9:26 am
(10) hip hop is dead says:

Lets see 50 says Oprah cater to older white women. That could be a way she makes her money or whatever, but she is not destroying the young black with her television shows right? But young black people love 50 cent you see he caters to the young poor black communities while making his money off them and then filling their mind with some uneducated bullish.

March 30, 2007 at 7:00 am
(11) Menthoids says:

I think young black men are magnificent, so to read “I could care less about Oprah and her show.” Why? “I think she caters to older white women.” is a total piss off.
I am an Ausssie, 49 years old, white as freaking snow, woman. How ’bout being ‘nice’, dickhead.

April 17, 2007 at 1:44 pm
(12) rapizcrap says:

50cent will be renamed 2cent when Oprah and the rest of decent black America is done with him. Stop degrading yourselves. Temptations, Smokey, Ray, Tina, Aretha, there is your black gold.

rapizcrap

April 17, 2007 at 4:34 pm
(13) BeautifulBlackWoman says:

Oprah doesn’t owe anyone anything. Oprah is a productive member of society. If we had more Oprah’s in the world and less 50 Cents runnnig around, we can make a change in your “hood”. Oprah is one person and will not be able to touch every single community. How can Black women expect others outside our race to respect us when the majority of our Black men do not respect us.

April 18, 2007 at 3:21 pm
(14) A Clue says:

50 cent makes his money selling out black women to young white boys with overactive imaginations, who is he to say anything about Oprah Winfrey.

May 16, 2007 at 9:36 pm
(15) Miss Me says:

F*ck you 50. I aint never buyin none of you junk talkin, fantasy livin life bullsh*t CD’s! You know longer exist, puff vamous, beatch!

June 11, 2007 at 5:02 pm
(16) Damn Them Both says:

I feel 50, but i don’t like Oprah because I have watched her and researched and read about her. She came from the same place that alot of our “hood” people came from. Now, someone said she has done more for us than 50, what exactly would that be? Why didn’t she promote ‘The Covenant With Black America’? That was the most positive anything to come out for black people (by black people) all over the world and I do not remember hearing her even mention it. But, let a woman say she has been beat or abused by her husband and she’s all over that. Don’t get this twisted, I can’t stand 50 cent either, but on this subject I happen to agree with him. She did build the school in Africa but I feel she could have done that here in america. I believe that institution may prove to hurt them more in the long run because of the seperation of families it could cause. What are these girls going to do once they are educated beyond the scope of African culture? Most likely they will leave their country and families behind to find better lives. Now, they all may not do that, but i believe the majority will.

June 15, 2007 at 11:16 pm
(17) walton says:

oprah has her own show,money so she can do what she pleases. The live 5 cent (this not an error ) live and sing about will only last for a little while because God do will get you.

September 30, 2007 at 7:32 pm
(18) Charlene says:

Oprah is jealous because 3-6 mafia won an academy award and she didn’t for color purple. She is nothing but a jealous ignorant crack head.

November 23, 2007 at 5:55 pm
(19) Zatty says:

• Her network has built 200 homes for Habitat for Humanity in America, black & white.
• sent 150 students to college fully paid for in America, black & white.
• Winfrey also gives a weekly “Use Your Life Award” of $100,000 to a local heros in USA who improves the lives of others. – 54 people already.Black & white.
• Oprah’s Angel Network has built over 55 schools in 12 countries, providing education for thousands of children in rural areas throughout the world.Black & white.
• She provided more than $1 million worth of school supplies, including school uniforms and shoes, to 18,000 impoverished South African children.
• Hurricane Katrina and Rita recovery efforts, nearly 300 homes have been built or restored in eight communities across Texas, Mississippi, Louisiana and Alabama also her charity organisation has donated more than $11 million cause of Oprahs Angel Network’s support.Black & White.
• She does book runs around the world to under-resourced countries…handing out millions of educational books.Black & white.
• Winfrey opened her own school, and brought joy to many girls in South Africa, Black & White

Now 50 cent….tell me what have you done slightly close to this for your country and other countries?

Ha Ha Ha…uneducated rappers…too funny!
I live in Australia, and I know more about your own people than you do.
Ha Ha Ha

Peace out!

Zatty aka Mary-Anne Slaven

December 10, 2007 at 10:51 am
(20) Zatty says:

P.s…

Attention to all readers.

50 cent did not write all that crap about Oprah…some1 else on the internet posing as 50 cent did!

Trying to cause a riff between 50cent & Oprah…Pffft!

Don’t people got better things to do with there lives?

December 23, 2007 at 12:56 pm
(21) Hodman Guleid says:

I like 50 cent in fact i love him, but i like oprah to even if she is fat and ugly , but her show is wachable when am sick and bored and there is nothing to wach so 50 cent keep rappin big daddy.